As the most popular outdoor playset, kids swing is deeply loved by children and parents. However, children often fall frequently due to unreasonable installation of the swing, leading to some safety accidents. We must pay attention to the following matters when installing kids' swings.
1. Falling from the outdoor swing may cause serious head injuries to children, so playground paving is particularly important. By using a shock-absorbing surface, you can greatly reduce the risk of injury to your child. You should avoid uneven (hard objects) surfaces under the children's swing.
2. Choosing the right surface material is not enough to ensure the safety of kids' swings. You also need to make sure that the surface has a depth suitable for kids' swings and that the area extends far enough.
(1)Surfaces should be free of water and there should be proper drainage systems in place.
(2)There should be no tripping hazards, like rocks or tree roots.
(3)Loose-fill surfaces like wood chips should be at least 30 centimeters deep for equipment up to 2.4 meters high.
(4)Playground surfacing should extend at least 1.8 meters beyond the equipment.
By reducing the height of outdoor play equipment and increasing the depth of the protective surface, you can greatly enhance the fall protection of children's swings.
3. When choosing a location for installing your playground, the right spot can make a big difference when it comes to safety. Consider the following factors when selecting a location for your playground:
(1) Route to outdoor playset: Check the children’s route to the playground and look for potential hazards such as tree roots and uneven surfaces. Remove unsafe obstacles or consider finding a different location altogether.
(2) Is there a hazard nearby: Consider hazards, such as areas with heavy traffic, lakes, ponds, or cliffs. Build fences or thick hedges around the playground to prevent children from wandering into dangerous areas. Make sure not to obstruct the parents' sight.
4. Consider sun exposure and methods that can provide shade. If your outdoor playset has no obstructions, it may be helpful to add shading structures throughout the playground. This helps keep kids' swings cool to the touch, protects children and parents from harmful ultraviolet rays when spending time outdoors, and creates a more comfortable overall play environment.
5. Ensure that there is a proper drainage system on-site to prevent water from accumulating under the equipment. In addition, avoid steep slopes to prevent loose fillings from being washed away during heavy rains.
6. Space layout is another important factor to keep in mind during the installation phase:
(1) Ensure that outdoor kids' playsets are barrier-free and inclusive for children who are capable of space, surface, and path.
(2) If the equipment is not suitable for all age groups, please separate the play areas according to different age groups and designate areas with easy-to-read signs.
(3) Separate highly active areas from quiet areas, and allocate high-usage equipment throughout the outdoor space instead of concentrating all equipment in one location.
(4) Ensure that the design of kids' swing is not visually impaired so that parents can pay close attention to the children's activity status.
If we can fully consider these factors when installing the swing, we can create a safe play environment for children. If you want to know more about children's swing after reading the above, you can get a comprehensive solution by contacting us.
As a professional manufacturer of outdoor fitness equipment for children, we are committed to creating beautiful childhood memories for every child. We have an experienced team and staff who conduct comprehensive quality inspections from product design to export and can provide customers with high-quality and safe products. At the same time, we can continuously adjust and optimize new solutions according to the diverse needs of customers. If you are interested in our kids' swing and its services, please contact us immediately!